Evolytics recently relaunched the site you are using, and there is now an entire section dedicated to data visualization posts – a perfect place for us to share some of our fun Tableau work, along with some practical lessons on getting the most from the software. It is with much excitement then, that we introduce Tableau 201. Tableau 201 is an indefinitely long series of blog posts, with the mission of helping the typical Tableau user advance their Tableau skills and data visualization careers. When we say ‘typical’ user, we mean those that are somewhere between being comfortable using Tableau and blowing people’s minds with their ninja-like data visualization skills.
In other words, most of the posts you find here will be past the ‘101’-level fundamentals of getting started with Tableau, but short of mind-bending Jedi, ‘601’-level graduate courses. A few types of posts you can expect to find here are:
- Behind-the-scenes looks at how we’ve created some of the most popular Tableau Public vizzes.
- How-to’s for creating effective corporate chart types.
- Ideas for improving the usability of your Tableau dashboards.
- Simple tips and tricks to make your life easier.
- Thoughts on improving your company’s time to insight using Tableau.
For a taste of what’s to come, please check out the first two installments of the Tableau 201 series:
- How to Make Funnel Charts in Tableau (The Making of Odds of Going Pro Part 1)
- How to Create Icon-Based Navigation or Filters (The Making of Odds of Going Pro Part 2)
We sincerely hope that you will find the Tableau 201 posts valuable, and as always, please let us know if there’s anything we can do to help you continue your progress with Tableau.